Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Exposed!

So yesterday was a complete flop on my gym plans. Since Des actually had off from school because of Columbus Day we ended up spending the day together :) . I felt bad having to drag her to the gym with me on her day off. Plus, it was absolutely gorgeous outside! We ended up going pumpkin picking and brought along my niece. It turned out to be a great day. And even though I didn't make it to work out, I did still watch what I ate. :o)
On another note: I completely exposed myself lastnight. Shame on you, not in that way you freak! lol
I exposed my weight loss journey to my friends on facebook. I was embarrassed at first to the thought of them reading my blog and seeing what my starting weight was. But what the hell, I know that doing what I did will give me more motivation to never go backwards on this journey and continue to move forward! Just a little while ago I was also reading a blog post that made me realize what I did by exposing myself to other's was the right move. I can not stay in my comfort zone!! I haven't learned yet how to link a post since I am still kind of new to the blogging world so I copied and pasted it. It is as follows from http://www.jackfit.blogspot.com/

Expose Yourself

We all… each of us… have a comfort zone.

We think it’s where we’re safe, but the truth of the matter is that it’s our favorite hiding spot.

It’s where we retreat to when the going gets tough, where we fall back to when we feel most threatened.

I guess that what makes Michelle at Eating Journey’s
“Exposed” series so incredibly remarkable to me:  it asks folks not just to peek their heads out the door of their own personal hidey-holes, but to tear down the walls all around them.

A healthy percentage of weight-loss bloggers can’t (or won’t) show themselves on their sites. Some can’t even bring themselves to put their weight on their blog.

I wouldn’t show my ugly mug for the longest time, so I understand the pressure that keeps some wanting to stay completely anonymous.

But here’s what I’d say to you:  come out and play.

Blur your face if you feel you must, but take that next step and put a picture on your struggle.

It’ll help readers more solidly connect to your story, add a whole new level of accountability and show yourself (and the world) that you have nothing to hide.

6 comments:

  1. I still have not told anyone. U r a brave one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats mama!! I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Allan it is extremely hard to do!

    lol, I know Bethany... I don't know where I got the ball's from. I guess I've just had enough with my starting weight! I feel more motivated putting it out in the open.

    Thanks Nikki. You have no idea how much I appreciate the support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job-it will make it that much harder to cheat and potentially fail now that everyone knows your plans. Good idea!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job. I know for me, going "public" with my journey was hard. People who have never been there have no clue how hard it really can be. But I did it for accountability. Because now I can't just back out ;)

    ReplyDelete